The SBIR program has 11 participating agencies as of February 2020. Each agency will set their own timelines for their SBIR solication, application, review and granting schedule. You will need to do research to find out what the timeline is for the agencies that are relevant to you.
Here is a full list of the agency, and their respective schedules.
- Department of Agriculture - schedule here
- Department of Commerce - National Institute of Standards and Technology - schedule here
- Department of Commerce - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - schedule here
- Department of Defense - schedule here
- Department of Education - schedule for FY2021 here
- Department of Energy - schedule here
- Department of Health and Human Services - schedule here
- Department of Homeland Security - schedule here
- Department of Transportation - schedule here
- Environmental Protection Agency - schedule here
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration - schedule here
- National Science Foundation - schedule here
This article builds on content developed by the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship for MIT's Orbit Knowledgebase and is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.